This is just a little muffin. Nothing fancy. It has some bananas and some cinnamon. Actually, for the common person, probably a lot of cinnamon.
I had extra bananas because as much as I like bananas I never seem to finish them. Typically I freeze the bananas and make a banana cinnamon smoothie. I guess I was feeling adventurous.
Banana Cinnamon Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup white sugar (I use less sugar because ripe bananas are plenty sweet for me)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil (I know butter has more flavor but I was trying to cut down on fat)
For the streusel:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients (don’t include sugar). In a separate bowl, beat all of the wet ingredients (including sugar) with either a mixer or wooden spoon (I use a wooden spoon because it’s old-fashioned and I feel like I get a workout). In another bowl, combine the streusel ingredients until it becomes coarse crumbs…like cornmeal. Scoop the batter into a muffin pan, top with streusel mixture and bake for about 18- 20 minutes.
I’m pretty sure you can’t mess these up….